Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Instagram


Who can live in College Park?

College Park is open to undergraduate students (excluding first time freshman and first time transfer students with less than 29 credit hours), graduate students, professional students, students with families, faculty and staff.

Where is College Park located?

College Park is located at the top of Price Street near the downtown campus.

How close is College Park to campus?

Depending on where you are going on the downtown campus, the average walk time to the Mountainlair is under eight minutes.

How do I lease an apartment?

You can complete your application online and submit it electronically. The individual moving into the apartment should fill out all applicant information. There is a $25 dollar non-refundable application fee that will be billed to your student account upon submission of your application.

What is a Double Occupancy Lease?

A double occupancy lease is a lease to share an apartment in a two or more bedroom unit with another person. The rent is per person per month. Roommate matching is available.

How long are lease terms?

Leases run from mid-August to the end of July.

When can I move in?

You can move in anytime during regular business hours, Monday through Friday 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. If you cannot move in during that time period, please call the office to see if after hours move in with a staff member can be arranged.

How does the move out process work?

The following link contains the College Park Move Out Guide

Is financial aid accepted?

Yes! If you plan on using financial aid, check with your aid provider to make sure funds are not specific for tuition.

Is there an application fee?

Yes. A $25.00 non-refundable fee will be billed to your student account.

How much is the reservation fee?

A standard reservation fee of $400.00 is due at lease signing or after the application process to secure your apartment. Once your lease is signed, your reservation fee then becomes your security deposit. The security deposit will be returned to tenants upon satisfactory completion of a move-out inspection of their apartment.

Where will I park my car?

College Park does not have reserved parking but parking passes can be purchased at the time of move in which will allow you access and parking within College Park. Parking is $10 a month for the upper lot and $30 a month for the lower lot. 

How do the locks work/keyed or electronic?

The front door keys will be electronic fobs. The fobs will give you access to the 24/7 amenities. Each bedroom door will have an individual lock with key.

Are there laundry facilities available?

Each apartment has its own washer and dryer unit.

What is in the Club House/Community Center?

The Community Center will have a fitness center, business center with printer and game room which residents will have 24/7 access to.

Are the apartments furnished?

Yes! Each apartment will include: sofa, chair, end tables, coffee tables, entertainment stand, bar stools and/or dining room table with chairs, full size bed, dresser, night stand, study desk and chair.

What are individual leases?

Individual leases are leases signed by one individual for one bedroom/one bathroom. Each individual is only responsible for his/her rent. If the person renting the other bedroom/bathroom moves out, you are not responsible for the exiting person’s rent.

What utilities are included?

Yes, all utilities are included with cost of rent. (electricity is a monthly allowance)

Do you offer Roommate matching?

Yes! When you complete your application at MyHousing you can complete a personal profile. You can then search for roommate or even join a roommate group to help find the best match for you.

What type of security is offered?

College Park is routinely patrolled by the University’s Department of Public safety.

Are there security cameras?

Security cameras are located in the Community Center only.

What are the payment options?

Payment can be made by cash, check, money order, credit card, or you can pay online through the Star system. You also have the option to pay in full at move in. Checks, money order, or credit card payments are accepted at any Cashiers office.

Do I need to get renters insurance?

We highly recommend getting renter’s insurance. Your belongings are not insured be the lease agreement. Renter’s insurance may often be purchased as an option on a parent’s home owner’s or automobile insurance policy, and it is relatively inexpensive in most cases.

What if I need maintenance?

The tenant should report needed repairs to the Apartment Office or to the website http://fsd.wvu.eduas soon as possible. If repairs, service or painting are required due to a tenant’s carelessness or negligence, the tenant must bear the cost. This will include such items as a clogged drain or toilet or a garbage disposal that has been damaged by a foreign object or abuse. Tenants are jointly and severally responsible for damages.

Prompt maintenance service is the goal of the department. In order to achieve this goal, we need your cooperation. The Apartment Manager is available at 293-5840, 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday. If emergency problems occur after office hours, you may call 293-3136. When calling, you must give your name, apartment number and the maintenance problem. Only emergency maintenance problems should be reported to DPS and all routine maintenance problems will be handled through the Apartment Manager’s Office. The apartments have one assistant who is available in the evenings and on weekends for lockouts.

How do I receive mail and packages?

There is a mail kiosk located by the Community Center where you can pick up your mail and any deliveries from USPS.

Is smoking allowed?

NO. WVU is a smoke-free campus.

Are pets allowed?

For health and safety reason, dogs, cats, birds, snakes and all other animals or pets, except for fish, are prohibited from University-owned apartments. Residences are permitted a fish tank, not to exceed 10 gallon.

Want to learn more?

Contact us!